What is it?
It’s a national partnership of hospitality industry leaders delivering effective online training for your staff.
Your State AHA (NSW) is part of a national alignment of hospitality industry leaders which can deliver innovative cost-effective online training for your venue’s staff.
It’s called Train My Venue or TMV. TMV aims to improve hospitality skills across the state’s hotel industry.
TMV is all about lifting the performance, productivity and profitability of our industry and your hotel.
What are the benefits?
Benefits for members participating in TMV include:
• It’s a highly accessible, value-for-money, industry-standard, training program for hospitality staff;
• It offers the industry a solid, user-friendly, online, induction program for employees covering beer, wine, health, safety and food hygiene;
• As an online program, the learning modules can be accessed at anytime within venues; it does not require the employee to leave the venue plus has flexibility of offering the employee the opportunity of access via an internet portal;
• Venue management can access their employees’ training history and track their progress 24/7;
• Each employee has access to their individual training history and can visit their training history at anytime.
What is the cost?
Benefits are available at a very competitive rate for hoteliers. Owners or managers can choose from four levels of participation to suit the size of their businesses as follows:
1. Platinum 100 registrations $1,250
2. Gold 50 registrations $750
3. Silver 20 registrations $400
4. Bronze 10 registrations $250.
How does it work?
It’s online. Students can log in 24/7 to suit their study times. Assigned hotel managers can log in anytime to review progress.
TMV uses video footage and step-by-step guides to inform trainees who complete an assessment at the end of each learning module.
A TMV certificate can be earned for each module by successfully completing the on-line training and associated assessment task.
Hospitality staff can print certificates as they work through the courses and add them to their résumés to demonstrate participation in this valuable professional development opportunity.
Major TMV Partners
Firstly, your industry association is involved and is your key point of contact. The other major partners are Carlton & United Breweries (CUB) and Treasury Wine Estates (TWE).
National leaders in beer and wine: these major beverage groups provide solid cornerstones for TMV. These two businesses oversee the nation’s biggest and best-selling beer and wine brands, but they’re also well-established leaders in training in every element of cellaring and presentation.
William Angliss Institute, Director of Angliss National, Chris Coates said: Train My Venue will provide easy access to some fundamental knowledge designed to assist hospitality staff. We expect this will enhance productivity in the venues, provide support for Supervisors and lead the staff into a culture of continuous improvement. It may well kick-start a career in hospitality for participants accessing the site!
Sales Director: Carlton & United Breweries: Mr Peter Cantwell said: “Venue managers know that it’s the fundamentals – like pouring a good beer – that keep their business going: the real building blocks of the hospitality industry. This program builds competence in those fundamentals.”
Sales Director: Treasury Wine Estates: Mr Chris Flaherty said: “Train My Venue helps take the mystery out of wine for venue owners, managers and their teams. It will give them the confidence to sell and serve a great glass of wine to their customers. Serving customers a great wine that meets their needs will drive both dollar sales and the reputation of the venue.”